East Coast Fresh is committed to delivering our customers the best quality product possible. Through our various programs and practices, we are able to achieve this goal and exceed industry standards.
- USDA ARS – The Quality Assurance Department maintains an exchange with the USDA Agricultural Research Scientist that keeps East Coast Fresh informed of all the latest Food Science developments. Link: http://www.ars.usda.gov/main/main.htm
- Microbiological Testing – Environmental, raw product, and finished product micro testing is performed in-house as well as through a third party for verification. Water is tested for potability quarterly.
- Diligent Monitoring – A trained team of Quality Technicians provide constant monitoring from pre-production through post-production. Temperature is monitored in the facility at frequent intervals as well as continued monitoring with electronic temperature records during transportation to and from our facility.
- Traceability – Traceability is maintained on all products.
- Mock recalls are performed twice a year to ensure system integrity.
Safe Quality Food (SQF) Level 3 – East Coast Fresh was the second major company in the United States to achieve this standard in category 14.
HACCP – East Coast Fresh has a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points program in place that monitors food safety from the time product arrives at our facility to the time product is delivered.