1 - 10oz ECF Butternut Spirals
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
1 - 8oz can tomato sauce (or homemade sauce)
Optional: 1 - 8oz can diced tomatoes, grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a sauce pan.
- Saute the onion and garlic until the onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the can of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes (if using).
- Season with salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the ECF Butternut Spirals and let them reach the desired tenderness - about 10 minutes to soften.
- Optional: Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.