1 - 12oz ECF Zucchini Lasagna Noodles
1/2 large (or 1 small) onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 tsp. ground oregano
1 - 10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, excess liquid squeezed out
1 - 16oz jar favorite store bought or homemade marinara sauce
1/2 cup chopped or sliced kalamata olives
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 egg beaten
Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350◦ F
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute 3 minutes. Add garlic and oregano and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the spinach and jar of sauce; mix well, and cook until heated through (about 2 minutes). Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the beaten egg, ricotta, and feta cheese. Add a generous amount of black pepper.
- Spread some of the sauce and spinach mixture on the bottom of the pan, just enough to cover it.
- Start with a layer of the zucchini noodles, overlapping slightly. Spread about 1/3 of the sauce and spinach mixture on top. Add about 1/3 of the ricotta filling over this, and sprinkle 1/2 of the olives.
- Do a second layer of zucchini noodles, another 1/3 of the sauce and cheese, and top with the remaining olives.
- Do another layer of zucchini, top with sauce and end with cheese.
- Cover the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
We got 3 layers of zucchini, but this can vary. Layer until you're out of ingredients!