1 - 10oz ECF Sweet Potato Ribbons
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 - 10oz can of tomatoes and green chilis
½ tsp. cumin
1 tbsp. (or more to taste) chili powder
3 cups chicken broth, low sodium (vegetable for vegetarian option)
1 ½ tbsps. chopped fresh cilantro
Fresh lime juice and avocado chunks for serving
- Heat the olive oil over a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds (until fragrant) and then add in the diced onion. Cook until translucent, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and chilis, cumin, chili pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken (or vegetable broth). Cover and bring the soup to a boil.
- After boiling, add in the sweet potato ribbons and simmer.
- Cook until the desired consistency of the ribbons is reached - around 5 - 6 minutes.
- Add in the cilantro, stir, and remove from heat.
- Top with avocado chunks and a squeeze of fresh lime juice before serving.