1 - 10oz ECF Zucchini Spirals
½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" chunks
Salt & pepper, to taste
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup light oil (vegetable, canola, or light olive oil all work well)
1 tbsp. sesame oil
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Optional: Sliced scallion and sesame seeds for serving
- Preheat oven to 400◦ F. Lightly brush some light oil on a baking pan.
- Put the chicken, flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag, and mix well.
- Heat the ¼ cup oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute until browned but not cooked through - about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to the baking pan and place in the oven until cooked through, about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in the frying pan, and lightly saute the zucchini spirals (about 2 - 3 minutes) with some red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan (with more sesame oil if needed) and saute for about 1 minute. Add the sauce ingredients and, whisking, bring to a simmer for about 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the cooked chicken and the zucchini spirals to the frying pan and toss to coat. Serve with scallions and sesame seeds on top.